Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Assurant Solutions
The feedback and coaching provided by the HR Partner will model and reinforce the learnings of The Manager Experience to enable managers to leverage their discretion in judgment to determine the most appropriate course of action. To this end he or she will promote our culture of engagement, learning and performance while providing a fair and consistent approach to policies, procedures and practices to minimize risk to the company.
Creating and maintaining strong relationships will be critical to success as the HR Partner will serve as a key resource to managers and HR Business partners. In this capacity the HR Partner may provide training to managers on topics that will enhance engagement or provide greater insights into management of people resources to support business objectives. Relationships with other HR COEs such as Talent Acquisition and YES will be vital to the success of this role
The HR Partner provides proactive and reactive coaching and consultative human resources advice and services to all employees of ASP in their designated business unit as well as on an as needed basis in other parts of the business from intake to resolution. This coaching and advice is centered around and leverages the core learnings of The Manager Experience (i.e. StAR/StAR-AR, GROW) as they counsel on Performance Development and Performance Improvement situations. They will build and maintain strong working relationships with Managers and with the HR Business Partners for their client group.
- Provides hiring & staffing assistance such as interviewing, assessing and selection to managers as needed.
- Works with managers in client group in their efforts around Employee Engagement that could include action planning, team meetings and follow-up to ensure closure on plans.
- Provides performance coaching and advice that may include participation in meetings with employees and managers.
- Provides advice on policy interpretation with the focus on advising managers to use their judgment and discretion at all times. The Partner will leverage the TME information on the Knowledge Base in their interaction with managers and promote the use of the information in MyHR to the Managers.
- Provides education to managers as needed in areas such as FMLA, Union Avoidance, Wage and Hour, Accommodations etc. Collaboratively makes decisions about training needed by consulting with managers, Legal and/or HRBP.
- Facilitates the assessment and selection of employees whose job will be eliminated as a result of a planned reduction in force (RIF) with managers. Will leverage assessment tools to ensure selection of impacted employees is based on job-related/performance based criteria and is consistent with company practices and non-discrimination laws and regulations.
- Assists managers with termination consultation and may participate with them in involuntary termination meetings.
- Has primary responsibility for the research and recommendations to Management and the HRBP of the client group when staffing reductions must occur. Continues supporting the employees affected by the reductions to ensure open communication and consistency.
- Performs more routine inquiries, research or investigation into issues raised by employees, managers or other sources. May become involved in more complex investigations as needed.
The HR Partner leverages MyHR (Case Management and Knowledge Base), to document and manage the types of situations that come to them from managers and employees. The Partner will use these tools to mine data for their client groups and use the analytics to drive performance in the organization. In addition, the Partner will recommend updates and suggestions to the content in the Knowledge Base and in the analytics that will improve the content available to them and to the managers.
The HR Partner will develop and maintain relationships with members of the HR Services team (YES) to expedite and ensure that employee and manager concerns or requests are responded to in a timely, consistent and accurate manner as well as documented appropriately. This will also apply to the Legal and Compliance teams for Assurant. The Partner will know when to involve the Assurant Legal & Compliance teams whether for advice or to inform.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area with a minimum of 1 yr experience in an HR professional role or a minimum of 3 years' experience in an HR professional role.
- Experience must include coaching and advising all levels of employees in areas such as performance, organizational change, employee engagement, working relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills desired.
- Certification as PHR, SPHR or SHRM CP or SCP preferred
- Minimum of 1 year HR support for a workforce of a minimum of 250 employees