Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mid level Electronic and Electrical Design Engineer
At Boeing, our Electronic and Electrical Design Engineers use their expertise to dream up next-generation electrical designs for some amazing aerospace platforms. We develop cutting edge sensors and mission systems, high bandwidth communication systems, large-scale simulation systems, space and satellite systems, airplane and weapons flight controls, cyber security solutions and much more. We are looking to hire for several positions for our AvionX teams. Below are a few of the primary sites we are looking to add talent:
Long Beach, CA
In your role, you will be part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions to a variety of challenging customer needs. We value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination you'll bring to our teams each day. You will have the unique opportunity to develop electrical systems for the most sophisticated aircraft in the world.
Electrical/Electronic Design engineers are needed with emphasized course-work and/or experience in one or more of these focused areas: analog and/or digital circuits, power supply and distribution, control systems, computers, networks, communication, wiring, RF, or Electro Magnetic Compatibility.
Job Responsibilities could include:
- Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Designs hardware, software and interface specifications
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware over the entire product lifecycle
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs
- Develops and interprets drawings, data sets, reports, and specifications as required
- Interfaces with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
- Determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Design field programmable gate arrays, design circuit card assemblies, perform worst case analyses
- Helps resolve programmatic and technical problems that would affect cost, schedule, and performance.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 3 years of experience with electrical design and analysis
- Experience working with teams and various engineering disciplines
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience in electrical/electronic hardware design
- Electronic/electrical systems or subsystems and components
- Hardware components integration into a functional system
- Experience with simulation and/or computer-aided design/analysis tools
Typical Education/ Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.