DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Middle School Counselor Future Position Pool '2018-2019'
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1821_111035
Openings as of 3/19/2019
- Transfer Application
- Middle School Counselor Future Position Pool '2018-2019' JobID: 1821
- Position Type:
Professional Support - Campus/Counselor, Prof./Guidance or Career
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Denton ISD Dept./School: Assigned Campus
- Develops a written guidance plan, based on campus needs assessment, in cooperation with principal and Director of Counseling, outlining specific areas of responsibility, annual school guidance program goals and activities for attaining goals.
- Collaborates with campus and district counselors and program administrators to operate as an effective counseling team, conducts on-going program evaluation, and promotes the growth of a comprehensive counseling program reflective the campus and district improvement plans.
- Provides individual and group counseling for students according to identified needs, consults with their parents concerning problems that interfere with learning and provides parents appropriate community resources as necessary.
- Assists students with significant transitions during the changes in educational settings and communicates with appropriate personnel.
- Works with students and their parents to develop academic plans that align with the student’s educational and career goals through self-exploration, career and college exploration and appropriate course selection.
- Communicates, collaborates and consults effectively with teachers and other staff members to promote maximum student potential.
- Teaches and assists teachers to facilitate learning of guidance lessons to help students in developing appropriate academic and personal/social skills.
- Provides information and research opportunities about post-high school education and career planning and financial aid.
- Assists parents and students in navigating the college application process.
- Facilitates correct course placement to meet the goal of high school graduation, post-high school education and career planning.
- Reviews or supervises the review of student transcripts for accuracy and alignment with post-high school goals.
- Interacts sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds by promoting a positive and caring climate.
- Actively communicates the campus and district guidance programs to the community.
- Participates in the district Multi-Tiered System of Supports process and responds appropriately.
- Interprets standardized test results for students, parents and professional personnel.
- Disseminates ideas and information to other professionals about guidance and counseling; provides leadership in addressing the challenges facing the guidance and counseling profession.
- Participates in professional development to improve skills related to job assignments.
- Keeps informed of and complies with state, district and school policies for public school guidance and counseling.
- Complies and maintains all required counseling related records and documentation.
- Complies with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule and board policy in guidance and counseling areas.
- Complies with district and campus routines and regulations.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards and models behavior that is professional and responsible.
- Follows all rules, regulations, and policies of Denton ISD and follows directives from supervisors.
Reports to: Campus Principal/Director of Counseling
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: Adm/Pro - 3
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Works with school faculty and staff, parents and community to plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program at assigned school; counsels students to fully develop each student’s academic, career, personal and social abilities and addresses the needs of special population students
Master’s Degree in School Counseling
Valid Texas School Counseling Certificate
Knowledge of counseling procedures, student appraisal, and academic and career development in alignment with the Texas Comprehensive Developmental Model and the American School Counselor Association National Model
Knowledge of growth and development of children and adolescents and developmentally appropriate counseling interventions
Ability to identify multi-cultural needs and address them appropriately
Ability to provide individual and group counseling and classroom guidance effectively
Ability to use relevant and necessary technology to access and deliver counseling curriculum and information
Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Willingness to execute written employment contract with the Denton ISD
Two or more years of teaching experience highly preferred
Previous counseling experience at the appropriate grade level preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Mental Demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interprets policy, procedures and data; coordinates district functions; maintains emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Frequent district-wide and occasional statewide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions
MINIMUM SALARY: $59,456
TERM OF CONTRACT: 206 days per year
APPOINTMENT: The appointment of this position will be recommended to the Board of Trustees by the Superintendent of Schools on the basis of the applicant’s training, experience, and expertise. The Board of Trustees must give final approval.
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line Internal Application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
Out of District Applicants
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line External application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain vacant until qualified applicant is employed.
THE DENTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.