Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Sales Representative
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a District Sales Manager to support our Carpet Cushion Division in Northern Texas. This sales position will work out of a home office to maintain relationships with existing clients and generate new business in the Northern Texas territory.
- Identify and close on new Carpet Cushion business and increase current sales within the industry
- Develop and grow the business to expand the reach of our sales opportunities
- Arrange shipment schedules between the plant and the customer
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate and division goals
- Prepare periodic sales reports to track sales volume, potential sales, and client base expansion
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote our products
- Advise dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of successful outside sales experience
- Experience with carpet cushion or other flooring products is helpful
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a variety of customers at all levels of an organization via in-person, telephone, and internet/email conversations
- Must have basic computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel within the assigned territory (Avg. 4-6 overnights per month)
No agencies or phone calls
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic