City of Coppell
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lifeguard - Part time
at City of Coppell
Pay: up to $10.75/hour
$10.75 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2156779
Overall Job Objective
- Basic Function
- The Aquatics Center Lifeguard serves as support staff to the Aquatics Center Manager, Aquatics Coordinator and Head Lifeguard enforcing pool safety rules and regulations. Employee assists with the maintenance of the pool filtration system and testing of water samples. This position shall interpret aquatic center rules and policies to the general public, may occasionally lead or teach aquatic classes and shall deal tactfully with controversial public relations problems and deal with conflict and handle complaints. Ability to work year round daytime 8 am - 3 pm shifts.
Position open until filled.
- Essential Job Functions
- *Patrols the pools to ensure safe and proper use of aquatic center pools, slides, interactive play features and facilities.*May be required to complete accident and incident reports as needed.*Required to perform regular pool water chemistry testing and recording results.*Assist in cleaning pool, filters, water features, pool decks and routine maintenance procedures.*May work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and nights.*Provides CPR and First Aid as required.*Assists with physically challenged patrons as needed.*Performs a variety of miscellaneous duties such as answering telephone calls, customer questions and assisting customers as needed.*May conduct aquatic classes and/or help set up for classes and events.*Assist with routine maintenance of Aquatic facilities equipment.*Completes and files required documents and reports (accident forms, incident forms, ect.)*Other duties as assigned.
- City of Coppell Core Competencies
- Technical CompetenciesKnowledge and ability to correctly apply professional/specialized expertise; skillfully manage information; properly use tools, equipment and technology; effectively allocate resources; proactively identify and resolve issues; consistently make sound decisions; correctly execute policy processes and procedures; strictly adhere to/enforce safety polices; consistently produce quality results; proactively plan and organize; consistently provide exceptional customer service.Human CompetenciesMotivation of Self & Others: We demonstrate a core desire to serve the Public and the Organization through our commitment, passion, initiative and drive.Leadership of Self: We motivate, inspire and influence ourselves to strive towards excellence by being positive, accountable, a team player and influential in goal achievement.Service -Oriented: We behave in a friendly and professional manner centering on a desire to address the needs of internal and external customers while respecting their rights and dignity by being people-oriented, helpful, understanding and compassionate.Trustworthy: We earn the confidence of others by demonstrating both the character and the competence to fulfill our obligations with both integrity and honesty along with ethical,credible behavior.Relational: We establish trust, cooperation, mutual respect and support with an objective to improve relationships by valuing diversityandbeing diplomatic/tactful, cooperative, empathetic, broadminded, flexible, respectful and compassionate/caring.Communication: We exchange information and ideas in a manner which results in mutually supported decisions for the greater good by sharing thoughts & feelings, and through assertiveness, empathic listening, conflict resolution and deliberating/debating.Emotional Maturity: We demonstrate the ability to manage and monitor our emotions and to assess the emotional state of others by understanding stress management, balanceandconsistency.Development of Self: We are committed to improving our knowledge, skills, personal qualifications and performance through self-development.Conceptual CompetenciesOrganizational Awareness: We are aware of the Organization's structure and culture for how we do business by understanding departmental impact on organization, interdepartmental relations and organizational cultureGlobal Awareness: We stay informed of issues and trends that may impact the Organization by understanding media/public relations.Community Awareness: We have a sense of the community's culture and its impact on service delivery by understanding purpose of service, citizen/stakeholder expectations and branding.Innovation: We successfully implement ideas that improve and/or add value to service delivery through creative thinking, continuous improvement and by being quality minded and a change agent.Critical Thinking: We actively and skillfully conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to reach a sound answer or conclusion by understanding issue/problem identification, analysis, consequences, and by balancing decision factors.Visioning: We understand the future direction of the Organization and understand the efforts and processes needed to achieve it by following the mission/values.
- Minimum Requirements
- ExperienceEllis & Associates lifeguard certification is required and provided on site for a standard fee. No experience required. Employee must be at least 16 years of age.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!