Dallas Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Counseling Coordinator (226 Days)
at Dallas Independent School District
Openings as of 3/20/2019
- Counseling Coordinator (226 Days) JobID: 24871
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Teaching and Learning
- Closing Date:
Until Filled QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university (U.S.A. equivalent) with a Texas certification in school counseling; Valid Texas teacher certification
- Two years of classroom experience in a public or accredited private school system
- All levels of counseling experience which includes: social and emotional learning guidance lessons, individual student planning, responsive services, systems support, parent meetings, school-wide activities, lead counselor experience, dual credit process, testing, scholarship information, financial aid, graduation requirements, master schedule expertise, etc.
- Knowledge of counseling procedures, student appraisal and career development
- Competency to use accepted theories and techniques appropriate to school counseling
- Aptitude to interact and communicate effectively with student, staff, and parents
- Capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Initiative to utilize basic technology applications, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, Platforms for Student Graduation Planners
- Coordinate trainings and coaching support systems that help counselors:
- exemplify Social and Emotional Learning at all levels
- teach social and emotional learning to staff, students, parents, community partners
- ensure all students are on-track to graduate
- Develop a plan to ensure all high school students have graduation plans completed and on file
- Provide information to students related to graduation requirements
- Coordinate the Individual Graduation Committee (IGC) process
- Assist campuses with the master scheduling process
- Organize scholarship opportunities for students
- Provide college preparation and awareness efforts that help create a college going culture
- Plan and coordinate college information for students, staff, and parents based on needs assessment
- Support the implementation of all programs related to ensuring students are college and career ready
- Conduct workshops/trainings to enhance student success at the college level
- Adhere to Counseling program requirements
- Provide consultation to school administrators, teachers and staff regarding:
- personal, social, and emotional needs of students preparing for and enrolled in college
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer – Human Capital Management. This position is funded by the Title II grant. Federally funded personnel must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certifications, as appropriate.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H
If interested apply online at
Dallas Independent School District, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, as well as board policy not to discriminate in such a manner (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).