Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Mechanic Military Transition Program
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
As a Military Veteran your skills and experience are valuable to our operations. We recognize the years of service you have put towards a skill that few possess and look forward to easing your transition to the airline industry. We will assist you in obtaining your FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license and provide you with industry leading training on our fleet types. This is a highly competitive program seeking the best of the best to continue their career in commercial aviation maintenance.
The Military Transition Program (MTP) is applicable to military members with experience in aviation maintenance. Our program will provide you the training you need to become an Aircraft Mechanic in exchange for a two-year commitment to Envoy.
- Attend an intensive paid two-week course and complete required testing to obtain you’re A&P license
- School/testing center will be designated by Envoy; lodging and meals are provided
- Eligible for up to $7,500 in sign-on bonus when you start work, depending on your years of experience
- May be eligible for relocation assistance to move to one of Envoy’s maintenance bases
- Optional professionally-outfitted tool box (valued at more than $3,200) to prepare you for your new career
After successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to transition to the Aircraft Mechanic position and attend Envoy Maintenance training.
- Abilene, TX (ABI)
- Bentonville, AR (XNA)
- Chicago, IL (ORD)
- Columbus, OH (CMH)
- Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
- Little Rock, AR (LIT)
- Marquette, MI (MQT)
- Miami, FL (MIA)
- New York, NY (LGA)
- Springfield, MO (SGF)
Envoy’s Aircraft Mechanics are certified with both their Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) licenses and have the important responsibility of maintaining our fleet.
- Ensure our fleet meets aircraft standards as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Maintain the airworthiness of aircraft and all their components while in service or while undergoing scheduled overhaul maintenance
- Completed tasks according to FAA regulations, company policies and procedures, and instructions from Crew Chiefs, Supervisors and Managers
- Certify the quality of personal workmanship, including signing mechanical flight releases for field work
- Complete necessary paperwork and computer entries for any maintenance performed
- A wide variety of duties are performed such as dismantling, overhauling, repairing, fabricating, assembling, welding and erecting all parts of an aircraft; which includes airframe, engines, radio equipment, instruments, electrical systems, heating systems, cooling systems, and hydraulic systems
- Test and inspect parts, subassemblies or completed assemblies
- Assure the shop/work area is maintained in a safe and orderly manner
- If qualified, may be responsible for taxiing and towing aircraft for maintenance purposes
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Honorably discharged, currently serving in a reserve or guard unit in the U.S. Armed Forces, or separating from active duty within the next six (6) months
- Military Occupational Specialty within aviation maintenance
- Successful completion of military transition program to obtain a valid Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license
- Meet all requirements of the Aircraft Mechanic position such as:
- Valid state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being considered for this position
- Ability to differentiate colors such as: red, green, yellow, blue, black, brown, white and orange
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including, nights, holidays, weekends and days off
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Mechanics must maintain a valid passport and the ability to travel freely to and from all of the cities/countries served by our Airline in order to complete field trips.
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement (unless in Abilene, TX).
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
- If applicable, Federal law requires Envoy to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.