Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
College Intern - Purchasing
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Our paid 12 week summer internship will not only enhance your studies, but also provide an educational experience you can’t find in the classroom. As an intern, you will learn real world skills while building a professional network of future peers. You will learn the ins and outs of how your team impacts the business day to day and gain an understanding of the commercial aviation business.
Intern will function as Supply Chain Analyst in the company’s Purchasing department. The participant will be assigned a mentor and will participate in various training opportunities during the internship. Upon completion of the internship, the intern will have an understanding of the job functions of an analyst as well as an understanding of the commercial aviation business. The responsibilities of this position include development and analysis of historical and current data to support bid process for aircraft parts and services, with goal of improving cost and lead times. Additionally, there will be involvement in special projects.
Typical job duties include:
- Analyzing historical data to set baseline
- Analyzing performance of products and suppliers (workscope, price, escalation, lead-time, quality, warranty, etc.)
- Assessing marketplace for qualified suppliers
- Developing target prices for specific commodities
- Creating a Request For Proposal (RFP) for certain products and services
- Evaluating bidder responses to RFPs
- Participating in negotiation strategy discussions
- Analyzing results of revised supplier bids, including impact on price, lead time, warranty, and risk
- Preparing results and recommendations (briefing package, to direct Manager)
- Presenting results and recommendation to Director
- Assessing current business process and making recommendations for improvements
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team environment and the ability to prioritize work and projects in order to meet deadlines and objectives. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated.
- Minimum age of 18
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in: Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics, Information Systems, or Supply Chain Management
- Must be classified as a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student upon start of internship
- 3.0 minimum Grade Point Average
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office that includes Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in organizational, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to present data to all levels of management
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Experience sorting, organizing, analyzing and presenting large data sets
- Experience with problem solving, forecasting, and advanced financial analytical skills
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.