Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Legal / Compliance
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for recognizing and assessing compliance risk and addressing non-compliant areas for purposes of maintaining and improving operational performance and compliance. This team member will be responsible for managing CFPB compliance reviews by analyzing data and documentation. This position will interact with all levels of management and many departments as well as external customers and auditors in the interest of achieving the overall company objectives.
- Identify and address areas of non-compliance that could potentially impact financial reporting and make viable recommendations in order to sustain company policies, procedures and state and federal regulatory compliance while utilizing cross-functional contacts/resources.
- Establish and/or execute query criteria needed for purposes of compliance or target analysis or the development of compliance reporting, as applicable to position.
- Ensure appropriate and timely communication of month-end report responsibilities and that the preparation and completion of summary information is communicated to the analyst leading the compliance summary and reporting.
- Proactive in building cross-functional knowledge for career development purposes.
- Establish a consistent level of quality and accuracy.
- Partner and interact with internal and external customers while championing compliance of policies and procedures.
- Foster open communication and information sharing within the department to ensure all team members are knowledgeable of departmental standards, responsibilities, goals, initiatives and established deadlines.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining department functions and/or process improvements.
- Review of company projects, policy drafts, and Business/IT changes for purposes of understanding business changes and potential impacts to policy and/or compliance monitoring activities as applicable to position.
- Guarantee availability to team members to ensure that department goals and initiatives meet established guidelines.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Complete other related duties and projects, as assigned.
Reports to: AVP Compliance Monitoring or Compliance Manager
- Thorough knowledge of GM Financial's policies, procedures, state and federal regulatory compliance and CFPB regulations specific to area of monitoring responsibility.
- Working knowledge of GM Financial's core business.
- Working knowledge in the use of GM Financial systems of record (AS400, CACS, BKTrakker, Provenir, LOS, Artiva, CPW) as applicable to specific job responsibility.
- Working knowledge in the use of business applications/systems/tables for purposes of query and data extraction when applicable to basic job function.
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access) with knowledge of FileNet, a plus.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present department presentations.
- Display strong computer skills, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong proof reading skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to apply analysis, independent judgment and logic when solving problems and making decisions.
- Ability to manage work demands and pressures while demonstrating integrity and respect.
- Ability to produce accurate work and communicate effectively under stressful situations.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate well with Senior Management.
- Excellent prioritization, time management, organization and follow-skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required in a lending/finance industry operational environment such as underwriting, funding, servicing, collections, bankruptcy or equivalent compliance or quality assurance.
- Experience working in a corporate office environment in a business support/enabling role preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Experience supporting senior level management in a corporate environment preferred.
- Working toward a professional certification in areas of compliance a plus.
Normal office environment, subject to regular deadlines and some stressful situations. Occasional long hours may be required in order to meet departmental goals.