Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle Application Technical Specialist III
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Information Technology
?The Oracle Application Technical Specialist III is responsible for providing analysis and second-tier support for Oracle E-business Suite and related third-party applications. This includes, but is not limited to, gathering business requirements, design and maintenance of business applications, application configuration, systems testing, and end-user production support. The Oracle Application Technical Specialist III will provide both technical and functional support to the business and should have a solid understanding of the business processes and how they relate to the supported business applications. Technical skills are required to understand the table structures, provide adequate issue resolution, and develop complicated reports. This employee has heavy contact with other company departments as well as outside vendors in support of international IT operations.
- Gather customer requirements to provide innovative solutions and recommend system, product and process enhancements
- Responsible for analyzing and resolving functional and technical problems of supported applications
- Implement business software and provide systems administration set-up and configuration
- Coordinate with program development teams on software interfaces used by supported business applications
- Work closely with internal business units to facilitate project completion
- Provide documentation of business rules, functional specifications, and process interpretation for assigned applications, systems, and business solutions
- Assist with the creation, documentation, and execution of test scripts for supported systems and research and implement solutions to issues identified during testing
- Perform project planning, coordination and management on multiple projects
- Communicate with managers and business partners on business systems and project statuses
- Interface with software vendors and suppliers in support of business application software packages
- Advanced knowledge of business processes for supported business groups
- Advanced knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure and operations
- Advanced working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups
- Knowledge of business processes for supported business groups
- Proficiency with Oracle e-Business Suite including but not limited to GL, AP, PO, AME, Purchasing, FA, CM).
- Knowledge of GM Financials core business functions, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure and operations
- Significant experience in a large and complex business environment
- Working knowledge of all system applications
- Working knowledge of the Corporate Business solution environment
Strong Ability to analyze data using Excel for reporting and data mining purposes.
Ability to create and work RFC and SR tickets with Oracle On Demand, Oracle Managed Cloud Services and Oracle Support.
Ability to interact with staff at all levels.
Ability to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives.
Ability to work directly with senior level management.
Advanced computer skills and conversance in information technology issues.
Advanced experience with data visualization concepts and tools.
Strong in the use of Microsoft Office software.
Excellent writing and speaking skills.
Good people skills.
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- AIM Methodology and Project Management Lifecycle Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Studies or related Business area in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Master’s Degree in Computer Studies or related Business area in related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5-7 years support experience in an IT environment and respective business area in analyzing and implementing applications systems required
- Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required
- Subject to loud noise
- Subject to stressful situations
- harsh language from customers
- some travel required
- normal office environment
- Fast-paced office environment
- Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers
- Work a flexible schedule including extended business hours, weekends and holidays
- Work additional hours based on production demands requiring mandatory overtime
- Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours
- Subject to daily service level requirements
- Limited travel may be required to support business needs
- Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems