Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Diet Clerk (PRN)
at Hospital Corporation of America
(Work Schedule: PRN / as-needed)
- Under general supervision of the Dietitian, Lead Dietitian, Supervisors and Director of Food and Nutrition Services, assisting other team members as needed and providing outstanding customer/guest service relations.
- Visits patient to review daily menus options and assist patient with selections that fit within the patient's diet.
- Provides technical support and performs essential clerical duties associated with the service of regular and modified diets to all patients.
- Assists the clinical dietitian with patient needs for tray line.
- Check all patient menus to assure menus are correct for diet and menu selection. Acts as a liaison between nursing and food and nutrition services regarding meal, tray services, nourishments and supplements.
- Performs non-professional nutrition functions as assigned to ensure the adequate provision of patient meals.
Medical City North Hills is an award-winning 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital offers a full range of services, specializing in heart and vascular services, orthopedics, surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission for 2013 - 2015
- Successful completion of college courses with content including therapeutic diets, medical nutrition terminology, and anatomy and/or related experience preferred.
- Ability read, write, speak English and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have basic knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, mathematics and food handling.
- Six months prior experience in nutrition office setting preferred.
- Basic knowledge of regular and therapeutic nutrition as it pertains to specific age groups.
- North Richland Hills Department of Health - Food Handler Card obtained within 30 days and must be kept current.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.