Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Technician, P/T
at Carter BloodCare
Under direction of the Production Coordinator (Coordinator), the Component Production Technician 1 (Tech 1) is responsible for the fractionation of whole blood and the preparation and modification of components (including the proper operation of equipment and the labeling of blood components) for long-term storage or shipment. Functions must be completed in a manner consistent with all applicable standards, procedures, regulations and departmental goals and objectives, and must be in compliance with standards set forth by, but not limited to the following regulatory bodies: FDA, AABB, EU, CLIA, and OSHA.. This job requires the ability to perform in adherence to Carter BloodCare (CBC) core values of integrity, accountability, excellence, and teamwork. The Comp Tech 1 is considered essential staff and must possess time flexibility to respond to emergency, disaster, or weather situations with little or no notice and to attend routine departmental meetings. Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours
- High School Graduate or GED
- Six months' experience in repetitive work environment, preferred.
- Six month’s experience in blood banking, government, or other regulated environment preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to document details accurately and completely, both electronically and manually
- Fundamental aptitude for computer skills including use of email, ability to use blood bank software, and routine office applications
- Ability to work independently and efficiently when direct supervision is unavailable
- Ability to work with strict time expectations/restraints/deadlines
- Ability/aptitude to perform in compliance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and standards set forth by, but not limited to, the following regulatory bodies: FDA, AABB, EU, OSHA, and DOT.
- Ability to identify problems, make sound judgments and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to assimilate into a team and get along with others in a highly diverse work environment
- Ability to remain focused on repetitive tasks.
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.