KPS Global, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Innovation Project Engineer
at KPS Global, LLC
The Innovation Project Engineer will work with other members of the engineering team to conceive and design, develop, prototype and test new products in accordance with established policies, goals, and objectives; must have the ability to make sound technical decisions, prioritize project deadlines, follow up and complete critical items. Innovation and New Product development will/may require the generation of numerous design concepts, evaluation and down select and recommendation on the best option through an appropriate mix of analysis and prototyping. Must have the ability to motivate others and interact with all facets of the business beyond engineering (i.e. Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing and third-party support groups). Meeting established timelines and deliverables will be a key measure of success.
In this job, you will:
- Support the design and development of new products at both the system and component level.
- Support the New Product Development stage gate process, concept inception through market release.
- Initiate, prepare, conduct and document qualification and validation experiments protocols.
- Initiate, design and test fixtures to exercise, test or evaluate components and systems.
- Initiates and prepares project feasibility studies and budgets; establishes work standards; prepares timelines and progress reports to inform management of project status and deviation from goals.
- Initiates, manages and executes projects to improve product manufacturability, testing, reliability and cost reductions.
- Uses data extraction and analysis to identify areas of opportunity to improve product manufacturability, testing, reliability and cost reductions.
- Understanding Company goals and objectives and direct the efforts of others including junior engineers, technicians and assemblers based on these objectives.
- Understand regulatory standards including but not limited to OSHA, NSF and UL and ensure that product design and manufacture meets these standards.
- Analyze returned products to determine root cause of failure and when necessary perform FMEA.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow; studies and standardized procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Issues written and oral instructions; assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures; performs or assists subordinates in performing duties; adjusts error and complaints.
- Deliver design documentation compliant with good documentation practices including creating and maintaining Design History Files and Master Records
- B.S. in Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience as an engineer in the manufacturing industry, specifically pertaining to research and design of new products
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams
- Possesses the knowledge and has a proven track record to quickly learn and adapt to the technical topic matter at hand. Become a subject matter expert, areas of focus:
- Basic refrigeration
- Heat transfer/ thermodynamics
- Strength of materials / load capacities & calculations
- Manufacturing concepts - sheet metal, insulation solutions (polyurethane & others), fundamentals of current manufacturing processes
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a good background in the product development process
- Hands-on skills, mechanically adapt, comfortable in the manufacturing environment, ability to create mock-up's (with and without the assist of others), others.
- Comfortable with traveling to customer sites to trouble-shoot problems in the field. Inspect, diagnose, develop problem hypothesis, create & validate solutions and create positions letter (white paper) to represent KPSG's position.
- Comfortable with customers, in-plant or at site.
- Ability to represent KPSG in a professional manner, often accompanied with Sales.
- Ability to turn technical issues (& terminology) into non-technical terms.
- Proven technical swift from current of past positions held (quick study)
- Thirst for knowledge. Inquisitive and curious mind - always asking why, probes, and promotes alternate solutions. Ability to teach and transfer one's knowledge.
- Never answers with no, digs for yes solutions (where practical - cost, technical, market acceptance, etc.)
- Good working knowledge in SolidWorks
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of MS office applications including Excel, Word, MS Access
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, reports and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.