Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Technician Senior
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 105102
Electronic Technician Senior
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Link Training & Simulation is a world leader in providing platform operators and maintainers with total training solutions that improve training effectiveness and efficiency and lower life-cycle costs in a secure cyber environment. L3 Link's innovative solutions provide a full spectrum of state-of-the-art training technologies, including high-fidelity immersive simulations, as well as distributed academic and interactive courseware. The company, headquartered in Arlington, Texas, has delivered military and commercial training systems to customer locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim.
You will demonstrate success by:
Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, and determines technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
- Provide operation of the instructor operator station and training device. Tasks include, but are not limited to, device power-up and shut down, monitor system operation and to diagnose and rectify problems associated with the initialization or operation during each training mission, daily readiness checks, assisting/building missions and training scenarios, assisting students and instructors in operating devices during training, and supporting user-directed activities such as investigations, test and demonstrations, tours, etc.
- Conducts technical analysis of product specifications, implementation, modifications and/or enhancements in accordance with specific customer operational requirements.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Bachelor's Degree or a two-year electronic technician resident course at an accredited technical institute and/or military technical training equivalent and 2 years electronics maintenance experience on equipment of similar complexity
- Prefer 4 years' experience and have demonstrated competence by satisfactory progressive performance in electronic maintenance on simulation systems of comparable complexity to those supported on this program
- This position requires experience in large-scale integrated multi-computer systems, video generation and display systems, large-scale complex digital interfaces, high density cable/plug repair, software maintenance, and comprehensive troubleshooting and repair of general training device peripheral systems
- Experienced MQ-9 training experts a plus
- This is a Field Service position and may require travel
- Prospective employee must be able to work independently and interface with the customer and the home office while on travel
- Demonstrated ability to install updates for UNIX/Linux systems and debug computing and network system issues
- CompTIA Security , A , or Network certificates are a plus.
- Candidate must possess or must be able to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.