Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Qualified Mental Health Professional- Adult Outpatient
at Metrocare Services
- Regular Full-Time
Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career where your skills and passion for delivering quality care make a positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
This is a field based position servicing adults. The QMHP provides psychosocial/rehabilitative service to persons with mental illness. Services may include, but are not limited to, assessment, development and measurable treatment goals and objectives, referral, linkage, advocacy, monitoring, crisis intervention and continuity of care. Provide individual, marriage, family and group counseling. The overall goal of this position is to maximize the consumer’s potential level of functioning, reduce hospitalization and aid in the successful reintegration of consumers into the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Provide overall service coordination, referral, linkage, and advocacy to consumers with varying needs.
- Perform duties in concert with other members of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Complete a psychosocial assessment on each new admission. Upon assessment as clinically indicated. 100% compliance expected.
- Formulate individual service plan based on assessment findings on all new admission. 100% compliance expected.
- Develop measurable objectives and goals agreed upon by the consumer.
- Actively assist in obtaining and modifying goals as needed.
- Document attempts to involve consumer, service providers, and caregivers unless opposed by the consumer) in service plan process.
- Review service plans every three months or as clinically indicated. 100% compliance expected.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team staffing.
- Present psychosocial assessment findings.
- Encourage consumer to attend staffing.
- Update team on progress or lack of progress in reaching agreed upon goals.
- Provide relevant information that might effect treatment.
- Follow-up assigned consumers who miss a scheduled clinic appointment.
- Document attempts to contact consumer.
- Report repeated unsuccessful efforts to contact the treatment team.
- Follow-up within 24 hours on assigned consumers who access emergency services.
- Report status-disposition to treatment team. 100% compliance expected.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Make home visits, initiate mental illness warrants, work with police and other public servants as a needed to address crisis.
- Facilitate inpatient admission upon request of the treatment team.
- Provide continuity of services throughout inpatient stay.
- Participate actively in discharge planning.
- Meet with the consumer within 5 days of discharge into the community.
- Provide individual, family, and group rehabilitation sessions.
- Evaluate progress of counseling session, solicit feedback from consumer(s), and consult with colleagues and team leaders when dealing with unfamiliar/uncomfortable issues.
- Co-facilitate family education workshops.
- Identify and assist consumers in obtaining entitlements by providing referrals, advocacy and negotiation, as needed.
- The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Analytical skills, professional acumen, business ethics, thorough understanding of continuous improvement processes, problem solving, respect for confidentiality, excellent communication and presentation skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree or Masters degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education, educational psychology, early childhood education, or early childhood intervention; or is a registered nurse.
Ability to organize work flow and develop efficient clinic procedures
Ability to effectively manage a large caseload of consumers with varying needs.
Ability to problem solve, exercise good judgment, and make sound decisions.
Skilled in using tact and diplomacy in interacting with staff and consumers.
Ability to work as a team member.
Able to maintain work in 95% compliance of standards at all times.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Able to work flexible hours.
Ability to successfully use an automated clinical record keeping system.
Intermediate level on MS Excel, Email and word processing programs
Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
**NOTICE ON POSITIONS THAT REQUIRE TRAVEL TO/FROM VARIOUS WORKSITES**
Positions that are “community-based,” in whole or part, require the incumbent to travel between various worksites within his/her workday/workweek. The incumbent is required to have a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation. The incumbent is further required to meet the criteria for insurability by the Center’s risk management facilitator; and produce proof of minimal auto liability coverage when applicable. Failure to meet these terms may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, contract or other status with Metrocare.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Reimbursement for clinical supervision hours up to $1,500/year
- Many other benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiter