Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controller, CoE Analysis
at Schneider Electric
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 00509U
Job name: Controller, CoE Analysis
Business: US ITD
Organization: Center of Excellence (CoE), North America
The mission of the Controller role is to provide Gross Margin analytics, insights, and support for the ITD Line of Business ( €1.2B Revenue and growing) through a deep understand of the business drivers affecting performance and providing insightful analysis to drive actions. The role is also responsible for acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all CCO Flows for North America while balancing the need to harmonize and simplify current processes across Business Units (BUs) and geographies.
Working relationships: Direct report to Director – North America CoE Analysis, with strong alignment with US ITD Finance Director and controlling team
ITD LOB (70 %):
The major focus is to provide meaningful analysis to drive ITD commercial strategy and financial performance as well as support the ITD Finance Director and Controllers to drive profitability improvement. The individual will have key stakes in the €1.2B P&L and financial analysis of all product profitability within the ITD LOB.
- Evaluate, analyze and report LOB gross margin performance, focusing on key trends and areas of opportunity, including
- Gross Margin Analysis of Change (AOC) drivers (Volume, Price, Mix, Productivity, Inflation, Forex, NPI (New Product Introduction), and Other drivers)
- Granularity of Product profitability analysis using product AOCs
- Identify root cause of monthly margin performance variation, clearly documenting GSC Plant drivers (i.e. – Plant locations & accounts), corporate adjustments, etc. and communicate all performance analysis to ITD Director and Controllers in a standard analysis package
- Analyze and coordinate financial reviews to LOB management with ITD Controlling team regarding business performance and recommend and implement action plans for improvement
- Collaborate and build relationships with Global Supply Chain (local and global) focusing on their contribution to the product P&Ls and drive cost improvement actions
- Participate in and consolidate ITD LOB quarterly P&L forecast (O&S, GM, SFC, CM), including collaboration with ITD Controlling team, business partners and with GSC to complete CCM AOC
- Collaborate across Center of Excellence (CoE) teams to ensure efficient, focused
CCO Analysis (30%):
Act as the key expert for NAM on all CCO flows and how they impact each BU and Country P&L. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Evaluate, analyze and report profitability impacts from each CCO flow component (i.e. – MOI, Residuals, CCOIS, Forex, etc) to help business partnering organization take action (if required)
- Recommend and implement improvements to current processes to harmonize analysis across NAM:
- Identify root cause issues of CCO impacts to margin evolution
- Proactively Identify opportunities to improve margin performance
- Align with global methodologies or best practices
- Collaborate and build relationships with BU/country stakeholders (Business Partnering organization, Global Supply Chain (focusing on the residual process as part of CCO), & business leaders regarding impacts from CCO flows
- Act as NAM lead to build and train NAM resources on SMART CCO process and all other CCO drivers
- Master understanding and document all flows within and outside of NAM
- Educate/train CoE organization (not limited to Analysis team)
- Educate/train Business Partnering organization
- Collaborate with Global teams to ensure NAM is following proper requirements as well as implement best practices
- Other Ad Hoc
Qualifications / Key Success Factors:
(Preferred Location: Nashville; Alternate: Dallas)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; 7 years related financial experience, with advanced knowledge of financial modeling theory, principles and practices
- Strong financial/analytical skills with proven business acumen. Preference for controlling experience in manufacturing or commercial environment
- Advanced PC skills (emphasis on MS Excel, Power Point, HFM/Hyperion/Essbase, SAP and SQL) and the ability to adapt to new systems and applications quickly. Possess superior Excel skills including charting and ability to manipulate large volumes of data resulting from various sources into meaningful and dependable managerial information
- The right candidate will demonstrate strong ability to work with and influence others not within direct reporting relationship
- Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing, with the ability to build effective partnerships across teams
Here, every employee has the power to take control over his or her career. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. At Schneider Electric, we're working together to power the future.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 170,000 employees achieved revenues of 25 billion euros in 2014, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with Schneider Electric. This position will be posted until filled. Agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.