Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Chef 2
- System ID
- Relocation Type
- Employment Status
Do you have a passion for helping others? Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Ennis Independent School District located in Ennis, TX (35 miles from downtown Dallas). This is a long tenured and showcase account for Sodexo. The selected candidate will provide operational support to 10 school campuses and will have a direct impact on culinary operations as he or she will be responsible for culinary training and food quality across the entire district. He or she will also support catering functions. Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual that is able to create culinary promotions to further increase student meal purchases. Working for Sodexo as the executive Chef will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that strives to enhance the learning environment for students. Sodexo offers clear career paths, growth and advancement opportunities, professional resources and training. This is a great position for someone looking for a better work-life balance while having the opportunity to grow their career.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production;
- ensure Sodexo and USDA Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly-paid staff;
- provide stellar customer/client service;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- previous experience in a K-12 environment is preferred;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Ennis Independent School District at https://www.ennis.k12.tx.us/
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.