Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operating Room Manager
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Texas Health Surgery Center Irving is an Ambulatory Surgery Center located in Irving, Texas. The center is a joint venture partnership with Precision Orthopedics, SCA and Texas Health Resources. The newly renovated facility is located on the second floor of a medical office building shared with Precision Orthopedics. The facility performs orthopedic and pain management procedures in 2 Operating Rooms and 1 Procedure Room. Hours operation are Monday through Friday.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Operating Room Manager is responsible for Operating Room and Sterile Processing coordination, resource management and reviewing the surgery schedule to ensure necessary resources will be available, sufficient information is available for planning patient care, and staff is communicated to regarding the surgeries.
- The OR Manager works to identify the cost-effective systems needed to support the business of the department taking into account business trends, resources availability and changes in customers in support of the company’s mission, vision and values.
- The position establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors.
- The OR Manager takes patient assignments as needed to meet census demands and fluctuations.
- Attends leadership and Regional Quality Council Meetings as directed or needed.
- Communicates specialty needs to OR, SPD and Material Management.
- Collaborates with Anesthesia, Surgeons, and Team Leads in problem solving and planning for needs as appropriate.
- Participates in orientation of staff; oversee on-going supervision where indicated and oversee on-going supervision of all OR/SPD staff, verifies and maintains accurate records of staff training and orientation as indicated by facility policy.
- Responsible for areas of control to meet regulatory requirements and TJC standards.
- Has successfully completed the program at an accredited school of nursing with a current state nursing license
- Experience in ambulatory surgery nursing, at least two (2) to five (5) years of nursing and management experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is desired
- CNOR Preferred
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification
Please click HERE to apply.