Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PACU Charge RN
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Ophthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas opened in 2010 and features eight operating rooms specializing in ophthalmology. Averaging 1100 cases a month we thrive on excellent patient care and efficiency. Ophthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas is located in North Dallas off of Central Expressway near Royal lane. www.oscdallas.com
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Full time PACU Charge Nurse. Monday through Friday. No call, weekends, or holidays. Responsible for coordinating activities of clinical personnel in the PACU department according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives of the facility. Ensures that patient needs are met and evaluates PACU clinical care and performance. Works closely with the CEO and Director of Nursing in coordinating patient-care service and team functions.
- Supports the facility’s ideology, mission, goals and objectives and contributes input into short- and long-term goals for the facility
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians and coworkers.
- Interacts with others in a positive, respectful, and considerate manner and promotes effective communication between the clinical areas, business office, and physicians
- Promotes cost containment and efficient use of facility resources and assists in monitoring FTE utilization, making recommendations to promote cost-effective man-hour practices.
- Oversees care of the PACU department and the equipment to ensure safety, cleanliness, and operational ability at all times
- Coordinates patient-care activities with surgeons and anesthesia providers to provide continuity of patient care and service excellence.
- Coordinates and monitors operational activities for effective and efficient management of daily operation; reports deficiencies to the CEO or Director of Nursing.
- Performs clinical assignments/duties when needed
- Assists the Director of Nursing to prepare daily teammate assignments and delegates duties according to experience and skill level to provide quality patient care
- Cooperative work attitude toward teammates, management, patients, visitors, and physicians
- Ability to promote favorable organizational image with physicians, patients, teammates, vendors, and general public
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
Please click HERE to apply.